Top Tips to Reduce Bloat
Updated: Sep 14, 2021
1. Deep breathing (activates the 'rest and digest' or parasympathetic arm of the nervous system)
2. Digestive teas: ginger, dandelion root, chamomile, peppermint, fennel, aniseed
3. Swap refined/processed foods for wholefood options & trial removal of common triggers such as gluten
4. Consume bitters with your meals e.g. bitter mustard greens, rocket, ginger, apple cider vinegar, artichoke & chicory.
5. Chew your food well! Digestion begins in the mouth with the mechanical break-down of food via chewing and enzymatic breakdown by saliva.
6. Avoid carbonated drinks
7. Space out meals by 4-5 hours to support intestinal motility (co-ordinated movement of food along the intestines)
8. Participate in low-moderate intensity exercise such as yoga
9. Uncover the root cause!